Both of Ron’s parents were born and raised on farms. Their work ethic and small-town values were naturally passed along to their own children. As a result, Ron has worked hard all his life. As a boy, he mowed lawns, shoveled snow, delivered papers, and caddied for a few extra bucks. At the age of 15, he obtained his first tax-paying job as a dishwasher in a Walgreens grill. He rose through the ranks as a soda jerk, fry cook, and finally night manager before reaching the age of 16.
He gained early acceptance to the University of Minnesota, so he skipped his senior year of High School and worked full time while obtaining his degree in business and accounting. In 1977, after graduating with a BSB-Accounting degree, he married his wife Jane, and started working as an accountant at Jostens. He also continued his education by enrolling in an MBA night program.
In July of 1979, Ron and Jane moved to Oshkosh to start a business with Jane’s brother. The company -PACUR- began producing plastic sheet for packaging and printing applications. Ron has been building the same business for the last 31 years. From operating the equipment, to keeping the company books, and selling its products, Ron has been involved in every function of the business. It is this body of experience and private sector perspective that he now brings to the Senate.
Ron came to Washington because the federal government is bankrupting America. He thinks it is important for citizen legislators to ally with those who are seriously facing that reality. Ron’s manufacturing background has taught him to attack the root cause of a problem, not mere symptoms. He believes huge deficits, slow economic activity, high unemployment and woefully inadequate job creation are severe symptoms of the problem – but not the root cause. The ever expanding size, scope and cost of government is.
Ron serves on the committees on the Budget, Commerce, Science and Transportation, Foreign Relations, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and Small Business and Entrepreneurship. He resides in Oshkosh, Wisconsin with his wife Jane. They have three children.
Committee on the Budget
Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
- Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation and the Internet
- Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
Committee on Foreign Relations
- Subcommittee on European and Regional Security Cooperation (Chairman)
- Subcommittee on Near East, South Asia, Central Asia, and Counterterrorism
- Subcommittee on East Asian, the Pacific, and International Cybersecurity Policy
- Subcommittee on State Department and USAID Management, International Operations, and Bilateral International Development
- Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senator Ron Johnson Official Photo - Johnson_Ron-122910-10657-0042-rh-CFF_Context.jpg (8.7 KBs)