Congress passed COVID-19 emergency relief measures in the CARES Act for federal student loan deferment. Those measures had been extended. Student loan interest will now resume starting on Sept. 1, 2023, and payments will be due starting in October.
- For more information on student loan deferment and forbearance, , visit the Federal Student Aid website.
- Contacting your loan servicer is best if you have questions related to your specific situation.
- For further information on temporary relief for student loan repayments, visit COVID-19 Emergency Relief and Federal Student Aid.
Additional Education Resources:
- For COVID information for schools, students and families from the Department of Education’s webpage, visit COVID-19 Resources for Schools, Students, and Families | U.S. Department of Education
- For information from the WI Department of Public Instruction Information webpage: Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction