On August 6, 2021, the COVID-19 emergency relief measures from the CARES Act were extended on federal student loans through January 31, 2022.
- Interest shall not accrue on federal student loans during this time.
- The suspension will not negatively impact your qualification for the student loan forgiveness program. Your payment count should go up one payment per month, despite the payment suspension.
- Contacting your loan servicer is best if you have questions related to your specific situation.
- For further information on student loan forbearance, visit Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents | Federal Student Aid
Additional Education Resources:
- For COVID information for schools, students and families from the Department of Education’s webpage, visit COVID-19 Resources for Schools, Students, and Families | U.S. Department of Education
- For information from the WI Department of Public Instruction COVID Information webpage: Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction |