The Privacy Act of 1974 requires that an elected official obtain written consent before contacting federal agencies on behalf of a constituent.
With the privacy release form, please include a separate letter to:
- Explain why you are seeking Senator Johnson's assistance;
- Include any relevant documents, important deadlines, contacts, case or reference numbers;
- For all immigration application inquiries, include receipt numbers, passport numbers, alien numbers, and interview date, if applicable;
- Identifie the federal agency with which you need help;
- Sign; and,
- Indicate if another congressional office has been contacted, which office, when the office was contacted, and a summary of the progress made by that office.