Please see below resources and links to federal and state agencies providing assistance to small businesses.
Small Business Administration (SBA) Resources:
- Stay up to date with the latest from the federal Small Business Administration. Sign up for their newsletter here.
- For IRS information about coronavirus tax relief for businesses click Coronavirus Tax Relief for Businesses and Tax-Exempt Entities
- The Restaurant Revitalization Fund portal can be found here.
- The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant portal can be found here.
- The Wisconsin Tomorrow Small Business Recovery Grants page can be found here.
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) Resources:
A variety of resources available to Wisconsin small businesses through the state government’s economic development arm, the WEDC, can be found here.
- Find your regional WEDC economic development director here.
Start a New Business
Step-by-step business guide
- Resources on starting and managing a business
Business Resources from A-Z
Educates and mentors entrepreneurs
Find your local SCORE chapter here.
- SBA Office of Veterans Business Development
Supports veterans in the business community
- Women's Business Resources
Training, counseling and resources to help start and grow successful businesses.
- Connect With Local Resources
Find business resources to help you in your zip code area.
- Center for Veterans Enterprise - Assists veterans and answers questions related to veteran-owned businesses.
- Learn about exporting
- Course on exporting
- Export & international trade assistance
- U.S. Commercial Service
Trade counseling, market data, business matchmaking and commercial diplomacy.
- Trade Compliance Center
Supports businesses facing tariffs or experiencing difficulties with foreign customs that will not clear their goods for importation.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
Assists in financing U.S. exports to international markets, offering capital guarantees, export credit insurance, loan guarantees and direct loans.
- Doing Business in International Markets (DOS)
U.S. State Department advocacy on behalf of businesses.