CAN SENATOR JOHNSON HELP ME?
As one of Wisconsin’s two United States Senators, one of my primary responsibilities is to provide assistance to constituents who are experiencing trouble dealing with federal agencies. All too often, the federal government can be unresponsive and confusing. As your United States Senator, I'm pleased to be able to help navigate what is often a challenging bureaucracy.
WHAT IS CASEWORK
ABOUT THE PRIVACY RELEASE FORM
The Privacy Act of 1974 requires that an elected official obtain written consent before contacting federal agencies on behalf of a constituent.
With the privacy release form, please include a separate letter which:
- Explains why you are seeking Senator Johnson's assistance;
- Includes any relevant documents, important deadlines, contacts, case or reference numbers;
- For all immigration application inquiries, includes receipt numbers, passport numbers, alien numbers, and interview date, if applicable;
- Identifies the federal agency with which you need help;
- Is signed; and,
- Indicates if another congressional office has been contacted, which office, when the office was contacted, and a summary of the progress made by that office.
TYPES OF ISSUES MY OFFICE HELP WITH
- Agriculture: My office can assist with issues regarding USDA farm programs, the Farm Service Agency or the Natural Resources Conservation Services.
- Banking: My office can provide assistance to constituents with questions relating to Banking rules and regulations, mortgages and foreclosures.
- Education: My office can assist with federal student loan processing questions, total and permanent disability on federal student loans and FERPA complaints.
- EPA/Environment: My office can provide assistance to constituents with questions relating to EPA rulings and the enforcement of EPA regulations for businesses, municipalities and individuals.
- Health & Human Services: My office can provide assistance to constituents with questions related to the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program (ERRP), the Office of the Inspector General, Health Insurance, the AMA, CDC, and FDA.
- Housing/HUD: My office can assist you with issues related to federal housing programs that are administered by U.S. Housing and Urban Development or the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Immigration/State Department: My office can provide assistance to constituents with questions relating to the following: international travel; the process of becoming a U.S. Citizen; acquiring Permanent Resident status (Green Cards); obtaining the status of pending immigrant and non-immigrant visa applications; and, other issues with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security agencies and the U.S. Department of State.
Disclaimer: Please note that neither I nor my staff can provide legal advice on how to handle an immigration case. You may want to contact an attorney that specializes in U.S. immigration law if you need legal counsel of any kind.
- IRS: My office can help constituents navigate through complex IRS issues such as Tax Returns and/or delays, ID Theft, 501(3)(c) and IRS Penalties and Interest. Click here to view the IRS Congressional Update for 2016.
- Labor: My office can provide assistance to constituents with questions relating to pensions, COBRA, HIPPA, Worker's Compensation, discrimination, and federal employment.
- Medicare: My office can assist constituents who are having difficulties with their Medicare coverage whether it relates to Medicare A, Medicare B, Medicare D or the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services(CMS).
- Military: My office can assist you in obtaining information from the various branches of the military. We can also assist members of the military in getting problems resolved that their chain of command has not been able to assist them in resolving. Additionally, we can assist individuals who are attempting to enlist in the military to apply for waivers when necessary.
- Small Business/SBA: My office can provide assistance to constituents with questions relating to the U.S. Small Business Administration and the U.S. Economic Development Administration.
- Social Security: My office can assist constituents with concerns regarding Social Security Disability, Social Security Income, retirement or other Social Security related benefits.
- Student Loans: My office can contact the Dept. of Education on behalf of a constituent in cases where there is a specific financial need for postponing repayment, lowering monthly payments, or in some extreme cases, the loans are forgiven if an individual becomes disabled or can no longer work.
- Veterans: My office can assist veterans in obtaining information regarding their claim for benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. We can also help resolve issues involving the medical facilities of the Department of Veterans Affairs. We can assist you in obtaining military records and the awards and decorations you earned during your service.
Casework Contact Form
Note: Fields marked with an * are required.