Small Business Support
There are a number of federal agencies to assist small businesses. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) supports businesses with a variety of services and provides a wealth of information and tools online. I hope you find the following resources helpful:
Start a New Business
Step-by-step business guide
- Resources on starting and managing a business
Business Resources from A-Z
Educates and mentors entrepreneurs
Find your local SCORE chapter here.
- SBA Office of Veterans Business Development
Supports veterans in the business community
- Women's Business Resources
Training, counseling and resources to help start and grow successful businesses.
- Connect With Local Resources
Find business resources to help you in your zip code area.
- Center for Veterans Enterprise
Assists veterans and answers questions related to veteran-owned businesses.
- Learn about exporting
- Course on exporting
- Export & international trade assistance
- U.S. Commercial Service
Trade counseling, market data, business matchmaking and commercial diplomacy.
- Trade Compliance Center
Supports businesses facing tariffs or experiencing difficulties with foreign customs that will not clear their goods for importation.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
Assists in financing U.S. exports to international markets, offering capital guarantees, export credit insurance, loan guarantees and direct loans.
- Doing Business in International Markets (DOS)
U.S. State Department advocacy on behalf of businesses.